Saturday, June 8, 2013

Accommodation in Bangkok

Where to stay in Bangkok? I have been considering for a very long while before I made my decision. Khao San Road is the popular place for backpackers, but it's rather far away from Bangkok city center and therefore it is out of my consideration.

Thus, it's down to Siam area and Sukhumvit area. Sukhumvit area is famous for its nightlife and Siam area is the perfect place for shopping. It's all based on your personal preference, I chose Siam area in the end because I am more to shopping. But no matter where you stay, just make sure that you chose a place which the transportation is really convenient, e.g. close to BTS skytrain

Thanks to my friend who recommended us this hotel, Ibis Siam. This hotel located right next to the BTS skytrain National Stadium station and 5 minutes away from saen saep canal, which is so convenient to us. Especially after a whole day walking around sight seeing, the first thing you wanted to see after you get off that skytrain is your hotel.
See how near it is to the BTS skytrain station
Source: www.booking.com
My room - really clean and comfy

With Bangkok Art & Culture Center right beside of it, MBK center and Siam Discovery just across the street, and Tesco Lotus is just 10 minutes down the road. (we bought a lot of Lays from there back to Malaysia :P). I couldn't think of a better place to stay in Bangkok.

The famous Lub.D is just beside Ibis Siam as well. I did plan to stay here, but I'm not too fond of using shared bathroom and their private room is not available during my stay in Bangkok. (p/s: I do think that the price is a little bit pricey for hostel, but considering the strategic location, and its rating on trip advisor, maybe it's worth it)
Take the shot from skytrain station, the building next to it on the right, is where Ibis Siam located

Other hotels/guesthouse that I came across while I'm researching for a place to stay includes Wendy House (quite cheap) and also Vista Residence. (just putting here as an option).

How to get here from DMK airport : just grab a cab, if follow meter, it should be around 300 Baht, but there is a 50 Baht surcharge for taxi service from airport. The taxi driver will normally wanted to take highway (in order to avoid the heavy traffic) and you will need to pay for the toll fees

No comments:

Post a Comment